Thursday, December 18, 2008

Colt McCoy Motivated By Heisman Snub

The Link

Quote:
Fiery McCoy fueled by Heisman decision

December 18, 2008 4:21 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin


AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas offensive coordinator Greg Davis received text messages from quarterbacks Vince Young and Colt McCoy after both finished second in their Heisman Trophy balloting.

While McCoy's was a little more suitable for family reading, Davis said the message from his current quarterback was just as determined as the one from Young, who led his team to the national championship after finishing second in the 2005 Heisman balloting behind Reggie Bush.

McCoy's snub has brought back some extra motivation for the Longhorns' Jan. 5 Fiesta Bowl game against Ohio State after finishing behind Sam Bradford of Oklahoma for the Heisman last week.

"With Vince in '05 I got a text shortly after the announcement and I can't relay exactly what he said because you guys write for children," Davis said. "But it basically said 'Coach let's get ready.'

"But I got another from Colt and his I can tell you about. I think there's something there because they are both such competitors."

McCoy said he told Davis he plans to use the Heisman vote to come back next year more prepared in his senior season.

"I just said everything happens for a reason," McCoy said. "God has a plan for me and this team. It's obvious I don't need to win it until next year."


Fuckin' awesome. Applause

1 comment:

  1. Love Colt's (and Vince's) reaction!

    Merry Christmas Matt! And Robbie... ;-)

    ReplyDelete